Scholarships give students the opportunity to save money and release financial stress while in school.
Many people have been asking me questions like: what are the national scholarships available for Nigerian students in 2022? See our previous article Best 21 Scholarships For Nigerian Students in 2022 ; what are Departmental cut off marks for Ebonyi State University (EBSU) in 2022? See EBSU Departmental And JAMB Cut Off Marks 2022/2023 .
School Gist Today is always here to give you important and latest educational gists that may interest you.
Today am going to list the top available international scholarships that Nigerian students can apply for in 2022.
Top international Scholarships available for Nigerian Students in this 2022:
1. Italian Government Scholarships for Foreign Students
Deadline: 9 June 2022 (annual)
Study in: Italy
Course starts AY 2022/2023
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation (MAECI) offers grants in favor of foreign citizens not residing in Italy and Italian citizens living abroad (IRE)* for the academic year 2022-2023 in order to foster international cultural, scientific and technological cooperation, to promote Italian language and culture and to support Italy’s economic system in the world (According to Law 288/55 and its subsequent changes and additions).
Grants are offered to pursue study, training, and/or research programs at Italian Higher Education Institutes, both public and legally recognized.
Italian Higher Education Institutes
Level/Field(s) of Study:
Eligible Master’s Degree (Laurea Magistrale 2° ciclo), Courses of Higher Education in Arts, Music, and Dance (AFAM), PhD program, Research under academic supervision (Progetti in co-tutela), and Italian Language and Culture Courses
Students from eligible foreign countries
Grantees may be exempted from the payment of enrollment and tuition fees depending on the policy of each University. Exemption is not granted for courses in Italian language and culture, for which enrollment fees are due.
Health and Medical Insurance
Grantees will be covered by a health and medical/accident insurance contracted by MAECI for the entire duration of the grant. Insurance coverage will not apply to events derived from pre-existing physical and pathological conditions.
Grantees will receive a monthly allowance of 900 Euros on a quarterly basis, which will be paid on their Italian bank account.
The scholarship duration can be six or nine months depending on the type of course. Renewals are granted only to applicants who prove satisfactory academic progress.
Applications must only be submitted by foreign students not residing in Italy and by Italian citizens living abroad (IRE)* holding an appropriate academic qualification required to enroll to the Italian University/Institute. See this link for more information.
Applicants for Master’s Degree/Higher Education in Arts, Music, and Dance (AFAM) Programmes/Italian Language and Culture Courses should not be over 28 years old and 364 days by the deadline, with the sole exception of renewals.
Applicants for PhD Programmes should not be over the age of 30 years and 364 days by the deadline, with the sole exception of renewals.
Applicants for Research Projects under academic supervision should not be over 40 years old and 364 days by the deadline.
Language skills and proficiency
In order to enroll in an Italian-taught course, applicants must provide a certificate of their proficiency in Italian language. The minimum level required is B2 within the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR). Candidates who were enrolled in an Italian-taught course at the University may submit a language certification issued by a language teacher of the University department.
In order to enroll in an English-taught course, applicants must provide a language certificate of their proficiency in English Language. The minimum level required is B2 within the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR). A self-certification may be accepted for candidates from countries where English is an official language and who are applying for courses held entirely in English. Proof of proficiency in Italian is not required for courses entirely taught in English.
For Italian language and culture courses, applicants must provide a certificate of their proficiency in Italian language. The minimum level required is A2 within the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
For PhD programs and Research projects under academic supervision, no proof of language proficiency is required for PhD programs and Research under academic supervision.
Applicants must complete and submit the online application form available upon registration at the official website. Applications must be submitted by 2 pm (Central European Time), 9 June 2022.
It is important you read the 2022/2023 Call for Applications and visit the official website to access the online application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: https://studyinitaly.esteri.it/en/call-for-procedure
2. DAAD Helmut-Schmidt YMasters Scholarships for Public Policy and Good Governance Program
Deadline: 31 July 2022 (annual)
Study in: Germany
Next course starts Sept/Oct 2023
The DAAD Helmut-Schmidt-Programme Masters Scholarships for Public Policy and Good Governance Programme offers very good graduates from developing countries the chance to obtain a Master’s degree in disciplines that are of special relevance for the social, political and economic development of their home country at German institutions of higher education.
Participating Programmes in Host Institutions:
The scholarships are awarded for selected Master courses at German institutions of higher education listed below:
• . Hochschule Bonn-Rhein-Sieg: Social Protection
• University of Duisburg-Essen: Development and Governance
• Willy Brandt School of Public Policy at the University of Erfurt: Public Policy
• Universität Magdeburg: Peace and Conflict Studies
• Hochschule Osnabrück: Management in Non-Profit Organisations
• Universität Passau: Development Studies
• University of Passau: Governance and Public Policy
• University of Potsdam: Master of Public Management (MPM)
The courses have an international orientation and are taught in German and/or English.
Number of Scholarships:
The scholarship scheme is open to candidates from Africa and Sub-Saharan Africa; Latin America; Asia and the Pacific, Western, Central, South-Eastern Europe; Eastern Europe, Central Asia & South Caucasus; and the Middle East and North Africa. See the list of eligible countries.
DAAD scholarship holders within the Helmut-Schmidt-Programme are exempted from tuition fees. DAAD pays a monthly scholarship rate of currently 931 €. The scholarship also includes contributions to health insurance in Germany, appropriate travel allowance, a study and research subsidy as well as rent subsidies and/or allowances for spouses and/or children where applicable.
Prior to their study programmes, all scholarship holders will also receive a 6- months German language course. Participation is mandatory.
Graduates from developing countries (bachelor or equivalent):
• with a well-qualified first university degree as a rule in the fields of social and political sciences, law, economics, public policy and administration
• willing to actively contribute to the social, political and economic development of their home countries/regions
• who have already gained practical experience relevant for the programme (professional experience, internships, political/social commitment
The requirements for language skills and the required language certificates vary depending on the respective master’s course. All master’s courses have their own selection criteria (degree, grades, language skills, work experience, etc.) that have to be met in addition to the DAAD’s selection criteria.
Please submit your applications for the selected master`s courses and for the DAAD scholarship to the respective universities only (not to DAAD). You must indicate that you are applying for the DAAD Helmut-SchmidtProgramme (Master’s scholarships for Public Policy and Good Governance). The application period at all 8 universities lasts from 1 June – 31 July 2022.
3. Hubert Humphrey Fellowships in USA for International Students
Deadline: before 1 Oct (annual)
Study in: USA
Program starts Apr-Sept 2023
The Humphrey Fellowship Program is for experienced professionals interested in strengthening their leadership skills through a mutual exchange of knowledge and understanding about issues of common concern in the U.S. and Fellows’ home countries.
Fellows are placed at one of the participating USA universities. Fellows are not able to choose which university they will attend. Rather, they are assigned in diverse groups of 7-15 to the most appropriate host institution based on their area of interest and professional field.
Level/Field of study:
As a non-degree program, the Fellowship offers valuable opportunities for professional development through selected university courses, attending conferences, networking, and practical work experiences. The eligible program fields are:
• Agricultural and Rural Development
• Economic Development
• Educational Administration, Planning and Policy
• Finance and Banking
• Higher Education Administration
• HIV/AIDS Policy and Prevention
• Human Resource Management
• Law and Human Rights
• Natural Resources, Environmental Policy, and Climate Change
• Public Health Policy and Management
• Public Policy Analysis and Public Administration
• Substance Abuse Education, Treatment and Prevention
• Teaching of English as a Foreign Language
• Technology Policy and Management
• Trafficking in Persons Policy and Prevention
• Urban and Regional Planning
Number of Awards:
Approximately 200 Fellowships are awarded annually.
The Fellowship provides for:
• Payment of tuition and fees at the assigned host university;
• Pre-academic English language training, if required;
• A maintenance (living) allowance, including a one-time settling-in allowance;
• Accident and sickness coverage;
• A book allowance;
• A one-time computer subsidy;
• Air travel (international travel to and from the U.S. for the program and domestic travel to required program events);
• A Professional Development allowance for professional activities, such as field trips, professional visits and conferences.
The applicant must have:
• An undergraduate (first university) degree,
• A minimum of five years of full-time, professional experience
• Limited or no prior experience in the United States,
• Demonstrated leadership qualities,
• A record of public service in the community, and
• English language ability
Please contact the U.S. Embassy, Public Affairs Section or Fulbright Commission in your country of residence to learn about possible specific program requirements (link found below).
Application deadlines vary by country but falls around May to September each year. The nominating U.S. Embassy or Binational Fulbright Commission will advise you of its internal deadline for receiving applications. Embassies and Commissions must submit their nominations to the Institute of International Education office in Washington, DC by 1 October.
Please contact the Public Affairs Section of the U.S. Embassy or Bi-national Fulbright Commission in your country for more information about application procedures.
Official Scholarship Website: http://humphreyfellowship.org/
4. Transform Together Scholarships for International and European Union (non-UK) Students
Sheffield Hallam University
Deadline: 31 May 2022 (annual)
Study in: Sheffield, UK
Course starts Sept 2022
Transform Together scholarships are open to international students and European Union (non-UK) students applying to a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate taught course at Sheffield Hallam University in the 2022/23 academic year.
Sheffield Hallam University in UK
Field(s) of study:
All full-time undergraduate and postgraduate taught courses offered at the University.
Number of Scholarships:
International and European Union (non-UK) students
A half fee waiver (50% discount) is available for undergraduate and postgraduate taught courses for the first year of study.
To be eligible to apply for one of these scholarships, you must:
• be an international fee paying student
• postgraduate only – have achieved a minimum 2.1 or equivalent in your honours degree and must meet the English and academic entry requirements for your course.
• undergraduate only – have achieved or exceeded the English and academic entry requirements for the course
• have applied for a full-time taught undergraduate or postgraduate course at Sheffield Hallam University and received your student identifier number.
• be fully self-funding your studies. This means that you are not receiving any funding for your studies from an external source such as a government, a scholarship provider, a company or an employer
• be able to pay any additional fees your course may require, for example field trips
Read the full eligibility criteria at the official website.
Applications are currently closed.
To apply for a Transform Together Scholarship, you must have applied for a full-time taught course at Sheffield Hallam University for the relevant year. If you have not yet applied for a course, please find a course and apply. When you have applied for a course and received a student identifier number, you must apply for a scholarship online before 31 May 2022.
If you haven’t applied now 4th of June, this information is giving you opportunity to prepare for next year application and to be ready for this scholarship. This is only for this scholarship as applications for other scholarships contained here are still ongoing.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) to access the application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: www.shu.ac.uk/transformtogether
5. University of Birmingham Global Masters Scholarships
University of Birmingham
Masters (MS) Degree
Deadline: 30 June 2022 (annual)
Study in: UK
Course starts Sept/Oct 2022
The University of Birmingham is offering 40 scholarships worth £10,000 to studens from eligible countries to pursue a one year taught Masters programme at the University in 2022/23.
University of Birmingham, United Kingdom
Field of study:
Eligible one year taught Masters degree programmes offered at the University
Number of Awards:
International students from the following countries:
Algeria, Canada, China (PRC), Egypt, Ghana, Hong Kong (SAR of PRC), India, Indonesia, Kenya, Malawi, Mauritius, Morocco, Nigeria, Pakistan, Seychelles, Taiwan, Tanzania, Thailand, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.
£10,000 towards the cost of tuition fees
In order to be eligible, candidates must meet the following requirements. Candidates must:
- Have received, and accepted, an offer of admission for a taught Masters degree at the University of Birmingham UK Campus to study in the 2022/23 academic year.
- Be classed as ‘domiciled’ in one of the eligible countries (see above)
- Be classed by the University as an overseas fee payer for tuition fee purposes.
- Start their studies at the University in September/ October 2022 on a course delivered on-campus.
- Have paid the standard £2,000 Admissions deposit by 30 June 2022.
- Be academically exceptional and able to provide evidence for this in the scholarship application statement. Candidates must also have, or be expecting to achieve, a first class overall grade (at least 70% in the UK system) in a bachelors degree or equivalent.
You must have accepted an offer of admission to a Masters degree at Birmingham before submitting a scholarship application. You must submit the scholarship application online before 30 June 2022 at 23:59 (UK time / GMT+1).
It is important to visit the official website (links found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: https://www.birmingham.ac.uk/international/students/global-masters-scholarship.aspx
Disclaimer: This is NOT the official scholarship page. This is only a one-page summarized listing of the scholarship. While we endeavor to keep the information up to date and correct, information may change at any time without notice. For complete and updated information, please always refer to the official scholarship websites.
Copyright © Schoolgisttoday.com.ng All Rights Reserved.
We will keep updating you on current educational news.
Any comment or contributions? Please drop them in comment box below.